Wednesday, December 22, 2004

2 seconds?


I was talking to my long lost supper buddy Faye today, and she mentioned this point; If we were to spend time with all the pple we know, we prob have like what.. 2 seconds for each person?!? What's the point?

At that time, I couldn't agree more.

Its sad how the hustle and bustle of life in Singapore has caught up with my life, or those i cherished for that matter. Friends could be just 30 mins or an hour away but we just never had that opportunity to meet up. Ocassional bumping into each other only ends with the casual "HI"s and "OK, catch you soon." Attempts for lunch/dinners ends up with "I'll call you when i'm more free k?" Yeah. People are pretty caught with their own stuff.. and i can fully understand it by now.

Ever wondered about those pple around you now.. and think if they belong to the group that will turn up at your wedding.. just to find out whose gonna be spending the rest of your life with you and be truly happy for you? I use to count how many such friends i have.. and categorize my current friends into these 2 categories. Well.. Faye gave me a good pt... she said that you never know cos pple changes... for all you noe the person opposite you now could just be yur bride/groom so this "categorization" will never work. So pple change over time.. and things and friendships might be lost. So lets not think so far away cos its simply a waste of time.

For this, I really appreciate the people around me now.. mainly my Engine kahkis.. and maybe i should start feeling so too for my KR 4th buddies. Old friends fr JC, pple fr TH, my ri bball click, yeah i miss them all too but i ought to move on physchologically and understand we all have diff lives now. In fact i should cherish and appreciate the next person that's standing in front of me then waste time mouring friendships that have drifted apart. Or there's gonna be a million and one things tt i've missed and to mourn about.

We were on the topic that there's always those pple who bother to organise outings and get pple together... they are so important. Yeah, I think I'm probably one of them. But its a tiring, non-flattering chore. But i do cherish the meetings. And today's one of them. I really enjoyed the simple KTV get-together. In fact, we should do it again soon k. Before school starts. Thanks SF for attempting to round up the pple.. lolz.. ended up i had to make the final decisions still... haha and joo... never answer my phone call! We could really enjoy yur company.. and carol you too.

So Christmas... ideally i want to be in the company of those that matter to me. Just chill out somewhere, hopefully not too overly crowded. Decent meal followed by some drinks to light up the mood. Just slack and chat and be merry etc. Yeah that will be ideal. But if it doesn't happen, i guess i wun be too sad. I've learnt to deal with so-called "disappointments" after all these years. When pple ask me how I'll be spending christmas this year, i said" probably gonna be a quiet one." And it's probably gonna be so.

Christmas has never been a big thing for me, I guess. Not when it doesn't matter. In fact, Christmas, New Year, Valentines Day etc have never been a big thing for me. Haha.. I'll always recall spending Christmas and New Year with my bro Pingbu... yeah?

Yeah i agree that people change. In fact, as much as i resented your tone of me as a phoney then, I kinda suspect i could be one for all I know. I'm not too sure of myself at this point of time. Nor for the last year or so.

Yeah, I'm lost.

Again.


Perhaps i just need a session to get drunk and chill out.


Sometimes I see things clearer when I'm not so sober.


 


myFileHut.com is #1 for Free File and Image Hosting